Who said email marketing would be dead soon? Replaced by social media?
In the marketing mix for events, conferences and exhibitions, email marketing and e-newsletters still play a vital role. Why is that?
- The subscribers list is your own property. Provided you have doble-opt-ins, of course. Your newsletter subscribers are individuals that are really interested in what you are doing and in your event. And you can run personalized campaigns!
- In email design, you can use your own branding and you are not limited to the restrictions that Facebook, Twitter or whoever imposes on you.
- With an industry average open rate of between 15%-25% (which may be higher depending on the quality of our subscriber list), every email blast gets a lot more eyeballs than any social media posting. Same is true for the click-thru-rates.
- Email marketing is a call-to-action medium. It can generate immediate responses and leads, so it is a sales tool – very much more so than social channels. Moreover, it allows you to design automated campaigns, based on the behavior of the recipients!
- Email marketing perfectly supports your content marketing strategy. In fact, it is an awesome push medium to get your content messages across – while at the same time promoting registrations to your events, your sponsors and your exhibitors.
That said, let us take a look at some case studies and what makes them so remarkable, ok? Take the best practices from all of them, put them in a blender and you’ll have your top-notch email invitation! Fasten your seat belts! Continue reading Outstanding Event Invitations by Email