Event technology can improve the ROI of events – but sometimes it is ahead of what event stakeholders like attendees, speakers, organizers are prepared to embrace.
I had taken a look at this issues in my post “My Love-Hate Relationship with Event Technology“, and that was reason enough for John Federico with the EventTech podcast to dig a little deeper in a recent interview.
Please find the podcast here:
How do you guys feel about event technology? Does it take your events to a new level or do you sometimes hate dealing with it?
Look forward to your comments!
During IMEX 2015 in May, I held a session about the benefits and risks of implementing a content marketing strategy to promote conferences, exhibitions and events.
It seems like the buzzword of the hour. But will it provide you with a silver marketing bullet to invest into storytelling and content marketing?
After my session, I held a chat with Victor Neyndorff about this subject. Please find the videocast here:
Continue reading Content Marketing for Conferences and Trade Shows
This article was originally featured in the MICE World Magazine Singapore, click on this link to access the original post. I am honored to stage a session at their upcoming MICE World Intel event in Singapore, 17 April 2015.
The brave new world of technology, wearables, and gadgets is fascinating, isn’t it? Do you also belong to the posse that needs to get their hands on every new gadget out in the market?
Does your mind tell you: “Bah, this new Apple Watch, I really don’t need it.” But somewhere deep inside, you’re really craving for it? Well, welcome to the club!
But hold on: As event organisers, we sometimes get carried away only too quickly when it comes to technology. We tend to lose touch with how most humans want to interact when meeting people: F2F and not FB2FB (face-to-face rather than Facebook-to-Facebook). Continue reading My Love-Hate Relationship with Event Technology
Blogs und Präsentationen wollen heutzutage möglichst multimedial angelegt sein. Die einfachen Formeln “Bild schlägt Text” und “Video schlägt Bild” treffen es ganz gut.
Also braucht es Tools, die es möglichst einfach machen, Rich Media Inhalte zu generieren, einzubetten und dann weiter zu verbreiten.
Eines dieser Tools ist Adobe Voice. Ich habe für einen Vortrag, den ich am Mittwoch auf der CeBIT halten werde, die Adobe Voice App verwendet, hier seht Ihr das Resultat:
Ich habe Adobe Voice bereits früher für die einfache und schnelle Erstellung von Videos verwendet. Was ist gut und was ist nicht so toll an dem Tool? Continue reading Adobe Voice zur Erstellung von Multimedia Content
Who said email marketing would be dead soon? Replaced by social media?
In the marketing mix for events, conferences and exhibitions, email marketing and e-newsletters still play a vital role. Why is that?
- The subscribers list is your own property. Provided you have doble-opt-ins, of course. Your newsletter subscribers are individuals that are really interested in what you are doing and in your event. And you can run personalized campaigns!
- In email design, you can use your own branding and you are not limited to the restrictions that Facebook, Twitter or whoever imposes on you.
- With an industry average open rate of between 15%-25% (which may be higher depending on the quality of our subscriber list), every email blast gets a lot more eyeballs than any social media posting. Same is true for the click-thru-rates.
- Email marketing is a call-to-action medium. It can generate immediate responses and leads, so it is a sales tool – very much more so than social channels. Moreover, it allows you to design automated campaigns, based on the behavior of the recipients!
- Email marketing perfectly supports your content marketing strategy. In fact, it is an awesome push medium to get your content messages across – while at the same time promoting registrations to your events, your sponsors and your exhibitors.
That said, let us take a look at some case studies and what makes them so remarkable, ok? Take the best practices from all of them, put them in a blender and you’ll have your top-notch email invitation! Fasten your seat belts! Continue reading Outstanding Event Invitations by Email
They say, when you attend an event, and you take away at least five things that you learned – or five people that you met who will potentially play a role in your personal or professional life – then it was a good event for you.
Well, according to that yardstick, Eventex in Sofia was a fabulous event!
Not only have I met lots of great people (speakers, tech providers, attendees, all of them Eventprofs). There are at least five takeaways that will definitely influence the way I go about event management, and they will also have an impact on the way I do consulting and training for event organizers .
What were the most sticky learnings from my personal perspective? Continue reading Eventex: My Five Takeaways From Sofia
This is such a great post about the most important marketing tool for event marketers – email – that I simply could not resist to re-blog it here.
You’ll even find a case study on why the TED Talk newsletters are so great!
Check it out here:
‘Delete This Email!’ Why Mobile Email Matters to Your Business.