Last week, I had the pleasure to conduct a sales training with 14 very talented event sales managers in Singapore. The workshop was part of the Masterclass Series that Lighthouse Independent Media stages.
Events, trade shows and conferences are different animals to sell. With a wide range of stakeholders (visitors, exhibitors, the organizers, their shareholders, press, bloggers, sponsors, online- vs. offline audiences etc.) and their varying motives, standard sales trainings often fail to meet the requirements of sales staff for events.
Subsequently, the learning objectives of the workshops in Singapore were Continue reading How to Boost Expo and Sponsoring Sales: Masterclass in Singapore
This article was originally featured in the MICE World Magazine Singapore, click on this link to access the original post. I am honored to stage a session at their upcoming MICE World Intel event in Singapore, 17 April 2015.
The brave new world of technology, wearables, and gadgets is fascinating, isn’t it? Do you also belong to the posse that needs to get their hands on every new gadget out in the market?
Does your mind tell you: “Bah, this new Apple Watch, I really don’t need it.” But somewhere deep inside, you’re really craving for it? Well, welcome to the club!
But hold on: As event organisers, we sometimes get carried away only too quickly when it comes to technology. We tend to lose touch with how most humans want to interact when meeting people: F2F and not FB2FB (face-to-face rather than Facebook-to-Facebook). Continue reading My Love-Hate Relationship with Event Technology
Diesen Vortrag habe ich heute auf der job and career STAGE bei der CeBIT gehalten.
Er geht besonders darauf ein, wie ein persönlicher Blog die Karrierechancen fördern kann und Unternehmen auf die Expertise und das Erfahrungsspektrum eines Kandidaten aufmerksam macht. Continue reading Self-Marketing über einen persönlichen Blog
Blogs und Präsentationen wollen heutzutage möglichst multimedial angelegt sein. Die einfachen Formeln “Bild schlägt Text” und “Video schlägt Bild” treffen es ganz gut.
Also braucht es Tools, die es möglichst einfach machen, Rich Media Inhalte zu generieren, einzubetten und dann weiter zu verbreiten.
Eines dieser Tools ist Adobe Voice. Ich habe für einen Vortrag, den ich am Mittwoch auf der CeBIT halten werde, die Adobe Voice App verwendet, hier seht Ihr das Resultat:
Ich habe Adobe Voice bereits früher für die einfache und schnelle Erstellung von Videos verwendet. Was ist gut und was ist nicht so toll an dem Tool? Continue reading Adobe Voice zur Erstellung von Multimedia Content
Who said email marketing would be dead soon? Replaced by social media?
In the marketing mix for events, conferences and exhibitions, email marketing and e-newsletters still play a vital role. Why is that?
- The subscribers list is your own property. Provided you have doble-opt-ins, of course. Your newsletter subscribers are individuals that are really interested in what you are doing and in your event. And you can run personalized campaigns!
- In email design, you can use your own branding and you are not limited to the restrictions that Facebook, Twitter or whoever imposes on you.
- With an industry average open rate of between 15%-25% (which may be higher depending on the quality of our subscriber list), every email blast gets a lot more eyeballs than any social media posting. Same is true for the click-thru-rates.
- Email marketing is a call-to-action medium. It can generate immediate responses and leads, so it is a sales tool – very much more so than social channels. Moreover, it allows you to design automated campaigns, based on the behavior of the recipients!
- Email marketing perfectly supports your content marketing strategy. In fact, it is an awesome push medium to get your content messages across – while at the same time promoting registrations to your events, your sponsors and your exhibitors.
That said, let us take a look at some case studies and what makes them so remarkable, ok? Take the best practices from all of them, put them in a blender and you’ll have your top-notch email invitation! Fasten your seat belts! Continue reading Outstanding Event Invitations by Email
They say, when you attend an event, and you take away at least five things that you learned – or five people that you met who will potentially play a role in your personal or professional life – then it was a good event for you.
Well, according to that yardstick, Eventex in Sofia was a fabulous event!
Not only have I met lots of great people (speakers, tech providers, attendees, all of them Eventprofs). There are at least five takeaways that will definitely influence the way I go about event management, and they will also have an impact on the way I do consulting and training for event organizers .
What were the most sticky learnings from my personal perspective? Continue reading Eventex: My Five Takeaways From Sofia
This is such a great post about the most important marketing tool for event marketers – email – that I simply could not resist to re-blog it here.
You’ll even find a case study on why the TED Talk newsletters are so great!
Check it out here:
‘Delete This Email!’ Why Mobile Email Matters to Your Business.